Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Clown Motel

There's a hotel in Tonopah, Nevada, called the Clown Hotel. I can't think of anything more delightfully creepier than that. (I find clowns unaesthetically pleasing, creepy, seedy and weird.) And, .  .  .  it's next to a cemetery! Can't get better than that.  The image shown here is one where the best face is put on the place; but from other photos I've seen (Google "clown motel") the place looks dusty, rusty, and run down. One description on Panoramio talks about the:
"motel office. . . [where]  the proprieters have every conceivable sort of clown image, stuffed clown, clown lighters, clown tissue boxes, etc, etc, etc. You name it, they had it. As I checked in, all I could think about was John Wayne Gacy. Gave me the creeps!"

image source: city data.com


No comments: