Wednesday, August 20, 2008



I rarely eat Jello, just haven't thought of eating it for decades. Yet once in awhile I do; I've made some yummy and very simple Jello treats, just fruit mixed in, that kind of thing. I made a weird but tasty lime Jello with jalapeno peppers once, lol.

I remember loving it as a kid; my grandmother made it all the time. She was convinced drinking hot Jello was good for you; and she'd let us drink some of the hot, unset Jello liquid before she put it up and in the fridge. (Which was a turquoise color, of course! I wish I had that refrigerator today!)


image source: http://allsorts.typepad.com/allsorts/
images/2007/10/15/fridge.jpg

I was amazed to find coffee Jello! I've never heard of it before, but I guess it's popular, since Starbucks has some kind of Jelly or Jello Coffee thing. I'll have to check that out. There are coffee jello recipes on-line, here's one I found. They all seem easy and roughly the same: unflavored gelatin, coffee, that's about it.




And of course, we have to have the infamous green Jello ring!



I think I'll experiment with Coffee Jello foodstuffs tomorrow. I'll let you know how that turns out :)

No comments: